A dental approach to sleep apnea.
Meet the team at Seattle Sleep Solution
Dr. Richard Greiner
Diplomate, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Do I have sleep apnea?
What is sleep apnea?
Sleep apnea is a chronic medical condition. It can cause you to stop breathing up to hundreds of times a night and is a potentially life-threatening disease.
Left untreated it can cause (but not be limited to):
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Sexual dysfunction
Visit the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine for more information.
Oral Appliance Therapy (OAT) is the option we provide at Seattle Sleep Solution and is the treatment of choice for many patients. Benefits include:
- Effective treatment
- Easy travel
- Low maintenance
Meet the Team
Richard Greiner, DDS
Dr. Greiner is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine, helping people suffering from sleep apnea to get a great night’s sleep. He has also been a family and cosmetic dentist in Seattle since graduating from UW in 1981.
Jan is exceptionally skilled in working with insurance companies on our patients’ behalf. With over 30 years experience in the dental industry, Jan makes patients feel welcome as she walks them through the entire treatment process.
Julia has over a decade’s experience as a dental hygienist and a proven track record in providing excellent patient care. Julia has witnessed the consequences of patients who ignored the symptoms and the benefits to those who have sought sleep apnea treatment.
WHAT PATIENTS SAY
The staff at Seattle Sleep Solution are incredibly professional, enjoyable to work with and make every effort to provide excellent patient service. Because I had delayed getting the appointment for the device, Seattle Sleep had to make a rush getting me the appliance on time for my vacation and they got it done. I went on my trip and did not have to drag along my CPAP but relied completely on my dental appliance. It worked perfectly, and I noticed no difference in my ability to have a quality night’s sleep than if I had used my CPAP. When I returned home, I began alternating one night with the CPAP and one night with the dental appliance until recently when I retired my CPAP. Now I rely solely on my dental appliance. I would highly recommend the services of Seattle Sleep Solution and the effectiveness of the dental appliance to anyone suffering from obstructive sleep apnea and looking for an alternative to the CPAP.
The Seattle Sleep Solution team made the entire process painless and enjoyable. Their friendly and knowledgeable staff are delightful, kept me well informed, and answered all my questions throughout. I found the appliance itself to be very comfortable, and it has been a welcome substitute for the cumbersome and intrusive CPAP machine. I highly recommend Seattle Sleep Solution!
I am thrilled with my new oral appliance! I have used the CPAP for the past 6 years and really disliked it, however, I cannot go without it as I wake up multiple times a night gasping for breath! When I heard about the oral appliance option, I contacted Seattle Sleep Solution. The staff made it so simple and were very helpful explaining the process! They took care of all the medical insurance which was a great relief for me! The first night I used the appliance I slept better than with the CPAP and I highly recommend it and the team at Seattle Sleep Solution!
Why Choose Us: How We Can Help
There are several reasons you may want to choose Seattle Sleep Solution to help you through the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea.
- Doctor Greiner is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine with the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. Oral appliance therapy should only be provided by a qualified dentist who has technical skill and knowledge in dental sleep medicine. Training in how to provide oral appliance therapy is uncommon in dental schools, so very few dentists have the training and experience to provide optimal care for adults with snoring or sleep apnea.
- We are one of only a handful of dental sleep apnea providers in the Seattle and Puget Sound area who are Medicare-certified.
- Our team works closely with your health care providers to ensure you receive optimum health benefits.
- Seattle Sleep Solution will take the mystery out of your medical insurance, make it understandable, and file medical claims on your behalf.
- Sleep apnea is a medical condition, not a dental condition, although we treat the condition with oral appliances. Diagnosis is confirmed with a sleep study by a Board-Certified Sleep doctor. Without this necessary step, a patient can be put at serious risk of having unknown or undiagnosed medical conditions. Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea has been linked to a 4-6 fold increased risk of mortality. We partner with several sleep doctors and will gladly refer you for a sleep study if you have not had one.